16 July, 2020 10:30 AM (Central Time)
16 July, 2020 11:30 AM (Central Time)
||1 LU Hour
||Kirby M. Davis;Susan L. Dolata
The Tile Council of North America (TCNA) is a trade association which takes a leadership role in promoting the use of ceramic tile and in developing North American and International industry standards. Ceramic tile, glass and stone constitute several of the most environmentally friendly and sustainable finish materials a specifier can utilize in today’s green building design. Every few years, the TCNA revises the TCNA Handbook for Ceramic Tile Installations; however, in 2011, the TCNA made major changes to the handbook. These changes can affect how Design Professionals select tile and stone installation methods for specific applications. This practical CEU points out the important changes to the handbook and is designed to assist Design Professionals to properly use the 2011 Handbook and how to properly specify tile, glass and stone installations.
At the end of the program, the participant will be able to:
1. Identify the major changes to the 2011 TCNA Handbook.
2. Understand how to use the Handbook to specify various ceramic tile, glass tile and stone installations.
3. Discern the differences between the various installation methods.
4. How to avoid the pitfalls that can arise out of ambiguous and incorrect installation methods and specifications .
5. Know where to access resources for innovative design and specification information.