09 July, 2020 10:30 AM (Central Time)
09 July, 2020 11:30 AM (Central Time)
||1 LU Hour
||Kirby M. Davis;Susan L. Dolata
This generic educational seminar will provide an overview of the most common tile and stone installation problems. This
presentation provides information on the causes, corrections, and prevention of ceramic tile and stone installation failures. By
considering the problems that may occur, architects and specifiers will be in a better position to correctly specify an installation
so that problems can be avoided in the future.
At the end of the program, the participant will be able to:
1. Know the top 12 installation issues that cause problems with tile and stone projects.
2. Evaluate jobsite conditions to determine if it is suitable to
proceed with installation.
3. Recognize the underlying causes of most problems and be able to recommend appropriate remedial action to
resolve the problem properly.
4. Understand the importance of selecting installation materials suitable for the service, exposure and finish of an
5. Know where to access resources for innovative design and specification information.